Nike is famous for its slogan, “Just Do It!” In addition, Nike’s marketing department has created many more inspiring phrases, magazine and TV ads, and so on. Here are some fabulous Nike quotes and videos to give your motivation a boost, and to inspire you to get out there and live your best life:
- “The only one who can tell you ‘you can’t’ is you. And you don’t have to listen.” – Nike
- “All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you’re the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.”
- Awesome Nike video:
- “Training is the opposite of hoping.” – Nike
- Barry Sanders (1992):
“Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears stand in the way of our hopes.
We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others, when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There’s really no time to be afraid.
So stop. Try something you’ve never tried. Risk it. Enter a triathlon. Write a letter to the editor. Demand a raise. Call winners at the toughest court. Throw away your television. Bicycle across the United States. Try bobsledding. Try anything. Speak out against the designated hitter. Travel to a country where you don’t speak the language. Patent something. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. JUST DO IT.”
- “Everything you need is already inside. Just do it.” — Bill Bowerman
- Michael Jordan – “Failure” Nike Commercial:
- “That’s right. I’m out of here. Do not chase me down or text me or try to talk me into going out to lunch. I don’t have time to figure out if I have time for a run. I’m just going. The world will not fall apart in my absence. I might miss somebody’s birthday cake or a discussion of last night’s season finale. Even if I do, who cares. I’m coming back with a state of mind three coffees, two flirtatious emails and a week of vacation can’t buy. Just do it.”
- Lance Armstrong – Nike Commercial:
Choose your favorite Nike quotes from those above, and put them up where you’ll be sure to see them often. Then, use them as encouragement to live your best life.
Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to “Daring to Live Fully” by clicking here and get free updates.