To have a good life, you just have to follow some simple rules.
The world would be greatly improved if everyone lived by some simple rules. The kind of rules that most people learn as kids (but promptly seem to forget the minute they enter middle school). What are these rules? You’ll find them below.
Here are 75 simple life rules to follow to have a better life.
2. Know yourself.
3. Pick up after yourself.
4. Keep your promises.
5. Say please and thank you.
6. Have good table manners.
7. Make healthy food choices.
8. Don’t eat more food than you need.
9. Stay fit.
10. Get enough sleep.
11. Drink lots of water.
12. Keep yourself clean.
13. Wake up early.
14. Wake up smiling.
15. Spend time in nature.
16. Avoid excess.
17. Wear sunscreen.
18. Wear your seat belt.
19. Follow the Golden Rule: do unto others like you would have them do onto you.
20. Mind your own business; if it’s none of your concern, stay out of it.
21. Choose your friends wisely.
22. Nurture your close circle of friends.
23. Don’t give unsolicited advice.
24. Don’t interrupt others when they’re speaking.
25. Be honest.
26. Think before you act.
27. Count your blessings.
28. Don’t gossip.
29. Don’t take anything that is not yours without permission.
30. Be kind to yourself.
31. Be kind to others.
32. Have a positive attitude: look for the bright side of things.
33. Take responsibility for your actions.
34. If you hurt someone, apologize.
35. Spend less than you make.
36. Save money for a rainy day.
37. Budget your money.
38. Budget your time.
39. Be prepared.
40. Plan ahead.
41. Live in the now (this point and the one above it are not in conflict).
42. Make time for those you love.
43. Set priorities.
44. Plan your day.
45. Don’t over-commit yourself: say “no” to things that are not aligned with your priorities.
46. Have some “me” time each day (to think, meditate, or just be).
47. Do your best.
48. Believe in yourself, but be aware of your limitations.
49. If you fail, try again.
50. If you make a mistake, acknowledge it and do what you can to fix it.
51. If you’re in over your head, ask for help.
52. Read more than you watch TV.
53. Be patient with children.
54. Respect the elderly.
55. Be kind to animals.
56. When you’re talking to someone, give them your full attention.
57. Don’t yell or speak harshly to others.
58. Don’t put others down or make them feel bad about themselves.
59. Don’t take credit for the work of others.
60. Develop your talent.
61. Share your gifts with the world.
62. Work hard –results require discipline and perseverance.
63. Set aside some time each day to play, laugh, and have fun.
64. Have goals; go after them.
65. Step out of your comfort zone; do this on a consistent basis.
66. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
67. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
68. Don’t worry about things that are outside of your control.
69. Don’t whine, complain, or make excuses.
70. Don’t take more than you need.
71. Seize good opportunities.
72. Challenge yourself.
73. Take smart risks.
74. Don’t take stupid risks.
75. Don’t break any of these rules.
See how simple rules those are? Why don’t more people follow them? Live your best life by following the 75 simple life rules above.
- 10 Ways to Have More Fun and Play As An Adult
- 25 Ways to Have Fun at Work
- How to Be Happy
- 75 Simple Pleasures – Enjoy the Little Things