The famous English crime writer P.D. James once said the following: “It shows considerable wisdom to know what you want in life and then to direct all your energies towards getting it.” However, few people know what they truly want in life.
A great tool for deciding what it is that you want–or for uncovering your heart’s desire–is to ask yourself questions. Below you’ll discover 50 dream triggers you can use in order to decide what it is that you want from life. They were taken from my eBook, “Guidebook of Dreams – 1,000 Triggers For Uncovering Your Heart’s Desire.”
Dream Triggers: Finances
Here are five dream triggers for the area of finances:
1. What’s your financial philosophy?
2. How much money do you want to earn (what would you like your salary to be)?
3. Would you like your paycheck to increase by a certain amount or a certain percentage each year?
4. What would you like your pay-structure to be (% from salary, % from commissions, % from bonuses)?
5. What do you need to do in order to put your financial life in order?
Dream Triggers: Learning/Personal Development
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Learning/Personal Development:
1. Do you need to take steps to stop procrastinating? How do you procrastinate?
2. Do you need to improve your focus and concentration?
3. Do you want to create a self-education plan for yourself (learning through books and online resources)? Is there a blueprint or template you can follow?
4. What skills do you need to acquire in order to be able to achieve your goals?
5. Are there any continuing-education courses which you would like to take at your local college or at the learning annex?
Dream Triggers: Vocation/Career
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Vocation/Career:
1. What would make you look forward to going to work each day?
2. What would make you feel that your work matters?
3. What makes you feel energized?
4. What can you do that would meet a significant need in the world?
5. How would you like to make this world a better place?
Dream Triggers: Love/Family
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Love/Family:
1. What qualities do you want in a romantic partner? What are the top ten characteristics that you look for in a romantic partner?
2. Do you have the qualities that you’re looking for in a romantic partner? If not, how can you acquire those qualities?
3. What would you like your relationship with your partner to be like?
4. What would you like your courtship to be like?
5. What kinds of things would you like to do with your romantic partner?
Dream Triggers: Social/Community
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Social/Community;
1. Are you surrounded by people who want the very best for you and who stand with you in the vision of what you’re becoming? Who are these people?
2. Do you need to create a better support system for yourself? How can you do this?
3. What are the top ten qualities a friend should have (treats people with respect; listens but doesn’t judge; has a quirky sense of humor; is an artist; lives with passion; doesn’t sweat the small stuff; is loyal and trustworthy)?
4. Which of your friends have these qualities?
5. Do you have these ten qualities? If not, how can you develop these qualities?
Dream Triggers: Dwelling
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Dwelling:
1. What region of the world do you want to live in (North America, Central America, Europe, Asia, and so on)?
2. What country do you want to live in? Is there a particular state or providence of that country that you prefer?
3. Do you want to live in a small town or in a bustling city? Do you want to live in the outskirts of the city?
4. What kind of climate do you want to live in? Do you want to live somewhere with four seasons? Do you want to avoid the cold at all costs?
5. Think of your dwelling as the setting for your life story; what is the setting like?
Dream Triggers: Spirituality
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Spirituality:
1. What does spirituality mean to you?
2. Does spirituality play an important role in your life? If not, would you like for it to play a more important role?
3. What would make you feel spiritually fulfilled?
4. Would you like to start a meditation practice? What steps do you plan to take in order to start meditating?
5. Would you like to take up an active meditation practice, such as Yoga, Tai Chi, or Qigong? Are you going to enroll in a class, purchase a DVD, or get one-on-one training in one of these techniques?
Dream Triggers: Fitness/Health
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Fitness/Health:
1. Would you like to be at your ideal weight? What is your ideal weight?
2. What percentage of body fat are you aiming for?
3. Do you have target measurements that you would like to reach (such as waist, hips, and so on)?
4. Which body parts do you need to tone?
5. What are your fitness goals (for example, be able to do a certain number of sit ups and pull ups, having six-pack abs, being able to hold a two-minute plank, and so on)?
Dream Triggers: Travel/Adventure
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Travel/Adventure:
1. Are there any hotels you’ve always dreamed of staying at, such as an underwater hotel or the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City, New York?
2. What natural wonders would you like to see?
3. What state parks would you like to visit?
4. Would you like to observe the Antarctic wildlife?
5. What famous world festivals would you like to attend?
Dream Triggers: Possessions
Here are five dream triggers for the area of Possessions:
1. Are you happy with your current possessions? On a scale from 1 to 10, what’s your current level of happiness with your possessions?
2. Are you surrounded only by those things that you really need or that bring you joy?
3. Do you need to take inventory of what you currently own? How can you get started with this?
4. Are there items that you own that need to be repaired or replaced?
5. Are you giving proper maintenance to your possessions?
One of the best ways to determine what it is that you want is by asking yourself questions such as those above. “Guidebook of Dreams – 1,000 Triggers For Uncovering Your Heart’s Desire” is part of the “How to Live Your Best Life” system, the system that will help you decide what you want out of life and will show you how to get it.
- 17 Ideas For Your Fitness Bucket List
- 2000 Ideas For Your Travel Bucket List
- 30 Ideas For Your 2014 Bucket List
- 500 Ideas For Your Summer Bucket List