The month of February focuses our attention on romantic love.
It’s everywhere you look: red roses; teddy bears hugging big red hearts; heart-shaped chocolate boxes; balloons inscribed with “I love you”; paper hearts; Valentine’s Day cards; and on and on. Simply stated, February revolves around all things romantic.
In honor of the month of February, below you’ll find 44 love quotes to inspire your inner romantic.
44 Love Quotes
1. “‘I love you’ means that I accept you for the person that you are, and that I do not wish to change you into someone else. It means that I will love you and stand by you even through the worst of times. It means loving you even when you’re in a bad mood, or too tired to do the things I want to do. It means loving you when you’re down, not just when you’re fun to be with. ‘I love you’ means that I know your deepest secrets and do not judge you for them, asking in return that you do not judge me for mine. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love you enough not to let go . . . ” — Anonymous
2. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” — Ann Landers
3. “Love, it is said, is blind, but love is not blind. It is an extra eye, which shows us what is most worthy of regard. To see the best is to see most clearly, and it is the lover’s privilege.” — J.M. Barrie, The Little Minister
4. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind.” — Shakespeare
5. “For some people, ‘the point of no return’ begins at the very moment their souls become aware of each others’ existence.” – C. JoyBell C.
6. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day . . . ” – Nicholas Sparks
7. “I am a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.” — Nicholas Sparks
8. “You don’t marry someone you can live with – you marry the person who you cannot live without.” – Unknown Author
9. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
10. “How do you spell ‘love’?” – Piglet
“You don’t spell it . . . you feel it.” – Pooh
― A.A. Milne
11. “I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Herman Hesse
13. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
14. “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” —- Dr. Seuss
15. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” — John Updike
16. “Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do.” — David Wilkerson
17. “Love — a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.” — Author Unknown
18. “The lover is a monotheist who knows that other people worship different gods but cannot himself imagine that there could be other gods.” — Theodor Reik
19. “Who, being loved, is poor?” — Oscar Wilde
20. “Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” — Robert Heinlein
21. “Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.” — Jean Anouilh
22. “Love me and the world is mine.” — David Reed
23. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” — Zora Neale Hurston
24. “We picture love as heart-shaped because we do not know the shape of the soul.” — Robert Brault
25. “Sometimes you can’t explain what you see in a person. It’s just the way they take you to a place where no one else can.” — Unknown
26. “In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.” — Unknown
27. “Suddenly . . . in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.” — Unknown
28. “Love doesn’t need a reason. It speaks from the irrational wisdom of the heart.” — Deepak Chopra
29. “Real love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
30. “I have fallen in love many times . . . always with you.” — Anonymous
31. “Paradise is always where love dwells.” — Jean Paul Richter
32. “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” — Sam Keene
33. “I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” — Paulo Coehlo
34. “If I could choose between loving you and breathing I would use my last breath to say I love you.” — Anonymous
35. “Falling in love is like jumping off a really tall building. Your brain tells you it’s not a good idea, but your heart tells you, you can fly.” — Anonymous
36. “There are several kinds of love. One is a selfish, mean, grasping, egotistical thing which uses love for self-importance. This is the ugly and crippling kind. The other is an outpouring of everything good in you — of kindness and consideration and respect — not only the social respect of manners but the greater respect which is recognition of another person as unique and valuable. The first kind can make you sick and small and weak but the second can release in you strength, and courage and goodness and even wisdom you didn’t know you had.” – John Steinbeck
37. “We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.” — Tom Robbins
38. “Love is trembling happiness.” — Khalil Gibron
39. “Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.” — Anonymous
40. “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.'” — Erich Fromm
41. “Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.”
— I Corinthians 13:4-8
42. “Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
43. “To love another person is to see the face of God..” -— Victor Hugo
44. “True love is when you put someone on a pedestal, and they fall – but you are there to catch them.” — Anonymous
Use the love quotes above for love letters and Valentine’s Day cards, or whenever you want to make someone’s heart flutter.