Whether or not you know it, there’s a little artist inside of you longing to create something new. If you’ve ignored your inner artist for so long that he or she has fallen into a deep slumber, these 25 creativity quotes will serve to reawaken them.
1. “Creativity is an endlessly renewable resource, and we can tap into it at any time.” –Tina Seelig
2. “With enhanced creativity, instead of problems you see potential, instead of obstacles you see opportunities, and instead of challenges you see a chance to create breakthrough solutions.” — Tina Seelig
3. “Finding the medium that excites your imagination, that you love to play with and work in, is an important step to freeing your creative energies.” –Sir Ken Robinson, “The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything”
4. “Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art.” — Andy Warhol
5. “Letting your mind play is the best way to solve problems.” — Bill Watterson
6. “Creativity takes courage.” — Henri Matisse
7. “Creativity isn’t about wild talent as much as it’s about productivity. To find new ideas that work, you need to try a lot that don’t. It’s a pure numbers game.” — Robert Sutton
8. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things.” –Steve Jobs
9. “Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.” — Dee Hock
10. “You may not be a Picasso or Mozart but you don’t have to be. Just create to create. Create to remind yourself you’re still alive. Make stuff to inspire others to make something too. Create to learn a bit more about yourself.” — Frederick Terral
11. “Inside you there’s an artist you don’t know about… say yes quickly, if you know, if you’ve known it from before the beginning of the universe.” — Rumi
12.”Why do we admire the true achievers and innovators of this world such as Steve Jobs? Because they appeal to our own creative souls, to our own desire to make a difference for humanity and to leave the Universe a better place when we depart than it was when we got here.” — from Life’s Secret Handbook
13. “Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten. Then when you hit puberty they take the crayons away and replace them with dry, uninspiring books on algebra, history, etc. Being suddenly hit years later with the ‘creative bug’ is just a wee voice telling you, ‘I’d like my crayons back, please.'” — Hugh MacLeod, “Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity”
14. “As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you.” — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
15. “A deadline is, simply put, optimism in its most kick-ass form. It’s a potent force that, when wielded with respect, will level any obstacle in its path. This is especially true when it comes to creative pursuits.” ― Chris Baty, “No Plot? No Problem!”
16. “Inspirations never go in for long engagements; they demand immediate marriage to action.”
― Brendan Francis Brown
17. “And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” — Sylvia Plath
18. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” – Dr. Seuss
19. “Nothing comes from nothing. You must continuously feed the inner beast that sparks and inspires.” — George Lois, co-founder of Lois, Holland, Callaway
20. “Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make.” — Bruce Lee
21. “The object isn’t to make art, it’s to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable.” — Robert Henri
22. “Creative work is not a selfish act or a bid for attention on the part of the actor. It’s a gift to the world and every being in it. Don’t cheat us of your contribution. Give us what you’ve got.” — Steven Pressfield
23. “You take existing songs, you chop them up, you transform the pieces, you combine them back together again. These aren’t just the components of remixing, I think these are the basic elements of all creativity.” —- Kirby Ferguson
24. “From 30,000 feet, creating looks like art. From ground level, it’s a to-do list” – Ben Arment
25. “Spend your time and energy creating, not criticizing.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
How about another 75 creativity quotes, for a total of 100? Here you go.
- 25 Ways to Be More Creative
- Three Unconventional Ways to Find Ideas
- Nine Creativity-Sparking Tips
- Stuck for An Idea? Try SCAMPER
Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to “Daring to Live Fully” by clicking here and get free updates.