Having self-esteem means accepting and appreciating yourself for who you are.
People with high self-esteem feel good about themselves and appreciate their own worth. At the same time, they acknowledge their weaknesses but they don’t allow those weaknesses to play an irrationally large role in their lives.
People with high self-esteem are happier than those with low self-worth. They’re also more likely to take on difficult tasks and persevere in the face of failure. Therefore, they’re more likely to succeed.
Below you’ll discover 50 self-esteem quotes to give your confidence a boost, so that you can be happier and experience more success in your life.
2. “Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.” ~ Robert Collier
3. “The strongest single factor in prosperity consciousness is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it.” ~ Jerry Gillies
4. “There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.” ~ Nathaniel Branden
5. “The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment, it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone.” ~ Orison Swett Marden
6. “Listen to your heart above all other voices.” ~ Marta Kagan
7. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” ~ Judy Garland
8. “You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.” ~ Lou Holtz
9. “Self-trust is the first secret of success.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “The most important opinion you have is the one you have of yourself, and the most significant things you say all day are those things you say to yourself.”
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
“Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” ~ Golda Meir
13. “Someone else’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.” ~ Les Brown
14. “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” ~ Anna Freud
15. “If I am not for myself, who will be?” ~ Pirke Avoth
16. “The tragedy is that so many people look for self-confidence and self-respect everywhere except within themselves, and so they fail in their search.” ~ Dr. Nathaniel Branden
17. “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.” ~ Sally Field
18. “The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.” ~ Dr. Sonya Friedman
19. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” ~ Aldous Leonard Huxley
20. “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” ~ Brian Tracy
21. “Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
22. “If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can’t accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” ~ Rosalyn Smith Carter
23. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” ~ Peter Mcintyre
24. “We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies.” ~ Roderick Thorp
25. “It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.” ~ W.C. Fields
26. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you are right.” ~ Henry Ford
27. “I am convinced all of humanity is born with more gifts than we know. Most are born geniuses and just get de-geniused rapidly.” ~ Buckminster Fuller
28. “If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” ~Author Unknown
29. “Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered – either by themselves or by others.” ~ Mark Twain
30. “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance.” ~ Bruce Barton
31. “Always act like you’re wearing an invisible crown.” ~ Author Unknown
32. “What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate.” ~Henry David Thoreau
33. “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” ~ Author Unknown
34. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ~ Marianne Williamson
35. “Well, we all know that self-esteem comes from what you think of you, not what other people think of you.” ~ Gloria Gaynor
36. “To trust one’s mind and to know that one is worthy of happiness is the essence of self-esteem.” ~ Nathaniel Branden
37. “Too many people overvalue what they are not, and undervalue what they are.” ~ Malcolm Forbes
38. “Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves”. ~ Nathaniel Branden.
39. “One of the most significant characteristics of healthy esteem is that it is the state of one who is not at war either with himself or with others”. ~ Nathaniel Branden.
40. “The most important key to the permanent enhancement of esteem is the practice of positive inner-talk”. ~ Dennis Waitley.
41. “The greatest success is successful self-acceptance.” ~ Ben Sweet
42. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” ~ Louise L. Hay.
43. “To have an incredible increase in self esteem, all you have to do is start doing some little something. You don’t have to do spectacularly dramatic things for self esteem to start going off the scale. Just make a commitment to any easy discipline. Then another one and another one.” ~ Jim Rohn
44. “Self worth cannot be verified by others. You are worthy because you say it is so. If you depend on others for your value it is other-worth.” ~ Wayne Dyer
45. “Persons of high self esteem are not driven to make themselves superior to others; they do not seek to prove their value by measuring themselves against a comparative standard. Their joy is being who they are, not in being better than someone else.” ~ Nathaniel Branden
46. “Having a low opinion of yourself is not ‘modesty’. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not ‘egotism’. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success.” ~ Bobbe Sommer
47. “Tell me how a person judges his or her self esteem and I will tell you how that person operates at work, in love, in sex, in parenting, in every important aspect of existence – and how high he or she is likely to rise. The reputation you have with yourself – your self-esteem – is the single most important factor for a fulfilling life.” ~ Nathaniel Branden
48. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” ~ Helen Keller
49. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.” ~ Dr. Seuss
50. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Giving your self-esteem a boost is one of the most important steps you can take in order to live your best life. Begin applying the wisdom contained in the quotes above, today.
- 7 Ways to Supercharge Your Motivation
- Three Ways to Silence That Pesky Inner Critic
- Three Superb Exercises For Boosting Your Self-Esteem
- The Three-Step Formula For Success
Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to “Daring to Live Fully” by clicking here and get free updates.